Monday, September 17, 2012

Go To Your Happy Place

This month, we have been featuring the delicious Chocolate Sprinkles twine here at Trendy Twine!  When I look at this pretty combination of brown and light blue, I definitely think of little boys and baby projects, so I thougth I would challenge myself to take it in a bit of a different direction:



For this layout, I decided to use the twine in a few different ways.  The first was to outline the matting of the title for the page to add a bit of dimension.  The second was to use the twine to create some stripes on top of some patterened paper.  And the final way was to add a stitching element around a couple of the flowers.  I love the dimension, and I think the twine really pops off of the page, despite the more muted colours in this combination. 

If you haven't had a chance to pick up this great colour combination yet, make sure you head over to the store!!  And don't forget about the fun challenge going on this month

For more details on this layout, come on over to Scrappy Canuck Studios

Have a great week everyone!  Karen :)

12 comments:

  1. This is such a cute layout and I love how you used the Trendy Twine. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable LO great use of the Trendy Twine it really pops on the page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous layout and I love all of the different techniques of twine you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Karen! Love those flowers and the highlights of twine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic job you did on the layout and using the twine. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great layout! The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww look at that face!! I love the creative use of twine on this page!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. We love to read them!